Hi everyone, Trynda here.
Today, I’m bringing you a Authortube Worldbuilding tag. This is the second one that’s gone up on my channel but I was tagged by Shamon Watson this time and I will be doing it more or less about about Elohim Universe but for the occasional question where it goes a little deeper with the main character. I will be talking about On Fallen Wings instead. So, let’s get into the questions then.
1. Briefly describe your story premise and the world in which it takes place.
The brief premise for my universe is what happens when a race of beings calmed the Elohim were betrayed by one of their own and the basic premise for unfallen wings is what happens when this Elohim in hiding is discovered and she’s forced to face her long time enemy.
2. Are there any wars or conflict affecting your character’s life?
So, in my universe, there’s but a handful of wars, not counting the ones in history and that includes the celestial war basically a civil war in the celestial plain that tore apart the messengers and caused half of them to be cast into the mortal plain. The second war that happens that’s really big is the unwon war and this is basically world war 3 and that is the one that is on the map behind me. This is what it’s called since nobody actually wins because human civilization almost wipes itself out with nukes which is actually where revival takes place. The last big war that’s really known in my universe right now is the war of revelations and this is basically what cuts off the unwon war and what starts into the second celestial war except this celestial war is now split between the mortal plain and the celestial plain and its basically the war of revelations and the apocalypse and it’s a struggle to keep the mortal plain from basically being wiped clean. So, there’s a few wars that do happen and they’re kind of cataclysmic when they do happen and it affects literally everybody.
3. Tell us a little about your main character’s family and/or culture.
So, for this one, I’m actually going to talk about the celestial plain and it’s clan structures from Elohim and the messengers. There are three different types of clans and that is the spirit clan, the mechanist clan and the beast clan and these clans basically maintain Elohim and messengers who excel in these certain areas such as the spirit clan who would be better at doing sole arts and manipulating time than the mechanist clan would be and the mechanist clan would probably be better at putting together rituals and improving the ones that already exist. And basically, that’s how the hierarchy is structured in the celestial plain and this is because they’re not really related by blood, any of them, because it’s not really physical recreation that happens so, it’s very clan structured but not really bloodline related.
4. What dangers does your main character face or what does your main character fear?
So, that’s pretty easy because Larathel, my main character, fears basically being destroyed and wiped from all of existence by Yaida and that’s basically what she’s trying to avoid all throughout her entire existence almost.
5. Are there holidays in your world that don’t exist in the real world? How are they celebrated? What is your character’s favorite holiday or thing to do during the holidays?
So, in the celestial plain, there isn’t really holidays per se and that’s because time isn’t really a static concept for them, it’s kind of wibbly-wobbly to say the least since they are inside the flow of time itself but when Larathel is on the mortal plain, in the mortal vessel, then she really enjoys all holidays because she doesn’t get to experience many of them.
6. Back in the day, how does your main character’s generation differ from their parents or their grandparents?
In terms of the messengers though, there are different generations of them because there are those who remain before the betrayal such as Lisfa, Pymon, Asma, really all the old fallen messengers and the ones who are in the upper levels of the generals of Yaid’s army. And there’s also those who remained after the great betrayal and that is basically the zealot like warriors that Yaida creates for the revelations war and then, there’s also the few that Larathel has to create using humans who volunteer and that’s because she can’t actually make a celestial vessel from scratch in the mortal plain. So, these are sort of different in the sense that they are created in the same way that the original celestial messengers were created.
7. How do people get around in this world?
So, the Elohim the messengers mostly get around by trans-dimensional doorways that are opened using phrases and signals that they trace in the air or on physical structures.
8. What do people eat in your world and what is your character’s favorite food?
The Elohim don’t eat at all because they don’t have stomachs and they’re not really living physical things, they’re weird but the messengers do have small stomachs for processing liquids and basic ritual binding agents. When those in the mortal plain are cursed by Yaida, they are actually forced to sustain themselves on blood so, that would probably be what they eat for the most part.
9. What games/fun things does your character do as a small child?
So, since Larathel and Pymon travel around a lot in unfallen wings when Larathel is younger, she’s often studying piano and really reading and keeping to herself for the most part because she doesn’t have a lot of friends that she has to play with so she kinda entertains herself with books and learning really anything she can get her hands on.
10. What do people in general do for fun in your world?
So, most of the Elohim enjoy creating life in general so, that’s often what they’ll be doing for fun, it’s just creating and experimenting and giving life to the universe.
11. What’s the song that’s well known in your world?
There’s not really a whole of songs that are well known in the celestial plain, but Larathel really likes For Elise, I probably said that wrong by Beethoven and that’s just kind of something she gravitated towards. She doesn’t really listen to a lot of pop culture so, it’s kind of hard to pin point the specific song that’s really popular because there’s not a single one that’s really popular.
12. Are there any pop culture references?
So, throughout other stories, there’s a lot of pop culture references throughout different time periods and really where that sat but in unfallen wings, there’s not a whole lot of pops culture because it’s mostly in urban fantasy and it takes place outside the realm of the norm. So, they’re not really in the know with the pop culture to say the least.
13. What language does your main character speak? What slang, expression, etc are common in their culture?
So, Larathel really speaks a wide variety of languages not just in her celestial form but also in her mortal form. Since her and Pymon travel around so much when she was a mortal, she picked up quite a few languages along the way such as French, English, a basic understanding in Spanish, she knows Latin and she also knows Enochian in this world because that’s what Pymon would have taught her. And in her celestial form, she basically knows all languages throughout history, just because of how many times she had to reincarnate and as for slang, one that’s really popular is referring to Larathel as the fallen queen and mostly, who does this is the zealots of Yaida’s Army and that’s because they don’t really respect her and she doesn’t like the fallen messengers being referred to as the fallen and she also doesn’t like being referred to as a queen because she doesn’t see herself as much more of a figure to guide the messengers back home and she doesn’t really like being referred to as like a regal entity.
14. What does your main character consider important and what does your main character consider specifically important?
The culture in the celestial plane really values knowledge and understanding and that’s what they gain their power from a lot is learning and growing as an individual soul. So, that’s usually what is most valued in the celestial plain. Why Larathel specifically values is trustworthiness because of the betrayal and how her kind had to face that being naïve as they were. And then also, that same quest for knowledge and to grow as a individual.
15. What rites of passage are in your world? And what is your main character looking forward to if any?
So, for the Elohim, there are really two big rites of passage just for them and the first is pulling themselves out of the flow of time because this is basically what brings them into existence past just a conscious timeline in the flow of time. And the second right of passage is creating their first time messenger and this is basically their apprentice, their bodyguard, basically companion in the celestial plain that’s not usually a romantic companion, she was actually looking forward to creating her high messenger more then anything and she waited quite a bit before she created Pymon just because she wanted to make sure that it was the right time.
16. What legend or folktales are popular in your world?
So, both Lilith and Larathel are considered legends in the universe underwriting and that’s because they are the first and only Elohim in the mortal plain and even still, Lilith was very weakened in her journey to the mortal plain unlike Larathel who actually gained power through the process that she used.
17. Tell us a fun fact about your character’s world.
So, a fun fact about this universe is it’s actually a omniverse and that means that it basically has potential to cross over with different fictional universes and in my mind, somehow, I’d always imagine Dr. Who kind of intersecting since there’s a lot of wibbly-wobbly time stuff going on but I’m sure that there are other universes that could also intersect with.
So, I think that’s it for now everyone. For this video, I will be taking Alina Popescu and by the book for this tag and if you want to do this tag, feel free to tag yourself and leave your answers down below or a link to the video, I would love to see them. If you like this video, make sure tie leave a like and subscribe to more like that.
If you haven’t checked out the giveaway right now, then feel free to check out the links down below and I will talk to you guys next time.
Tagged by Cimone Watson – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wOX5LT-zTE&list=WL&index=38&t=4s
1) Briefly describe your story premise and the world in which it takes place.
2) Are their any wars or conflict effecting your characters life?
3) Tell us a little about your MC’s family and/or culture.
4) What dangers does your MC face, or what does your MC fear?
5) Are there holidays in your world that don’t exist in the real world? How are they celebrated? If not, what is your characters favourite holiday or thing to do during holidays?
6) Back in the day, how does your MC’s generation differ from their parent’s or grandparent’s?
7) How do people get around in this world?
8) What do people eat in your world and what is your character’s favourite food?
9) What games/fun things does you’re character do as a small child?
10) What do people in general do for fun in you’re world?
11) What’s a song that’s well known in your world?
12) Are their any other pop culture references?
13) What Language does you’re MC speak? What slang, expressions, etc. are common in their culture?
14) What does your main characters culture consider important and what does you’re MC specifically consider important?
15) What ‘rites of passage’ are in your world and what is you’re MC looking forward to, if any?
16) What legend or folk tales are popular in your world?
17) Tell us a fun fact(s) about your characters world.
Authortubers I tagged:
Alina Popescu – https://www.youtube.com/user/alinaelenapopescu/
ByTheBrooke – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwxbU2zO6l5DNgq8IN6f8Uw/
Previous Authortube Tag Video:
Authortube All Hallows Write Tag – https://youtu.be/hr6R4LxmmLM
Authortube Worldbuilding Tag – https://youtu.be/U2Xjv_JZuRA
Join my mailing list for a FREE Short Story – http://eepurl.com/cNQO8D
Get Revival (Episode 4) now – https://books2read.com/RevivalEpisode4
Revival (Episode 3) is now available – https://books2read.com/RevivalEpisode3
Revival (Episode 2) available – https://books2read.com/RevivalEpisode2
Get Revival (Episode 1) – https://books2read.com/RevivalEpisode1
Get a FREE copy of Revival (Prologue) – https://books2read.com/RevivalPrologue
Official Website – http://authortryndaadair.ca/
Patreon – https://www.patreon.com/TryndaEAdair/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/TryndaEAdair
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/TryndaEAdair/
Goodreads – https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5575169.Trynda_Adair
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/tryndaeadair/
Instafreebie – https://www.instafreebie.com/author/TryndaEAdair
Twitch Channel – https://www.twitch.tv/skyedwards
Go Not Gently by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution licence (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Artist – http://audionautix.com/